East High School offers a comprehensive education to all students through academic and extracurricular activities. We challenge students to achieve excellence through a broad range of options and activities which match the skills and interests of our diverse student population.
Facts About East
- Diversity is appreciated at East. Culturally our minority population is 40%, 30% of our student body are ESL students, and we have 35 different languages spoken in the homes of our students.
- Our school-wide goals include improving literacy and attendance across the curriculum.
- East has over 175 caring teachers and staff working to improve student learning.
- Socially, East has at least 50 approved clubs students can choose from. We want students to be involved!
- Academically in 2002-03 East had seven National Merit Semi-finalists and one National Merit Winner, four Sterling Scholar State Finalists and one State Winner, with 30% of our students regularly on the Honor Roll.
- Athletically East High has earned over 66 State Championships since opening in 1914. Our fall sports teams in 2003-04 have won three State Championship and four Region Championship Trophies.
- Service groups at East provide assistance regularly to the community. One-fourth of our senior students earned Block “E” Awards for their service and involvement in school activities.
- Parents and community involvement is strong in leadership areas such as our School Community Council, P.T.S.A., Booster Clubs, and Business Partnerships. We appreciate their support.