Spy Hop Productions is a nonprofit youth media arts and educational enrichment center located in the historic Art Space district of downtown Salt Lake City. Our purpose is to empower youth to express their voice and with it create a positive change in their lives, their community, and the world. Our mission is to encourage free expression, self-discovery, critical thinking and skilled participation via the big screen, the airwaves, and the web.
In an effort to achieve this, Spy Hop has established the following fundamental programmatic goals.
- Provide high-quality, safe out-of-school-time programming for K-12 youth.
- Foster personal and artistic expression through the use of emerging digital technologies and the media arts.
- Develop 21st century educational and workplace readiness skills.
- Promote positive youth development and social emotional competencies.
- Increase media literacy, personal awareness and community and global connections.
Founded in 1999, Spy Hop provides approximately 1,800 youth participants per year with hands-on and mentorship-based learning experiences in the documentary arts, film/video production, audio engineering, and interactive media.
Due to Spy Hop’s high quality and effective out-of-school programs, the center has become a vital resource for the youth of Salt Lake and to the community at large. The organization is now widely recognized as one of the leading youth media arts education centers in the country, and acknowledged by the Sundance Institute as setting the standard for media arts learning across the nation.
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-8pm