Teen Camp Counselors 2021 - Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job? Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. Teen counselors lead campers in activities, help with set-up and clean-up, and ensure we maintain a fun, safe camp atmosphere! It is a great way to gain leadership and teaching skills, build your resume, and have a fun and exciting summer!
There are two different camp counselor positions available in 2021.
- Camp Counselor I: volunteer position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least one week of camp.
- Camp Counselor II: paid position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least 3 weeks of camp.
Listed dates are tentative and subject to change
- Monday, February 1st: Applications open
- Wednesday, May 19th: Applications due by 5 PM
- Monday, May 3rd—28th: Interviews with Education team
- Monday, May 31st: Job offers and schedules will be sent to selected applicants
- Week of June 7th: two-day training—will be scheduled based on counselor availability
- Monday, June 14th—August 13th: Camps in session
- Beginning of August: end of summer social(if COVID allows)
Camp Counselor I – Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2021
- Type of position: volunteer
- Benefits include: experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, playing games with campers, working with and leading small group activities, etc.
Camp Counselor II—Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2021, and 2021 high school graduates, who are 14 or older and can commit to at least 3 weeks of camp:
- Type of position: paid
- Benefits include: $8/hour pay, experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experience
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to working at least 3 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, supervising small groups of campers, helping with check in and check out, playing games, etc.
To be considered to be a Camp Counselor II, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 19th.
Name: Katherine Veeder
Position: Director of Education
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.